You don't have to live your entire life with pain.
Pain Management Associates of Delaware can help you manage your pain and get you on the road to recovery through supervised pain treatment plans and education.
Please have the following documents, in order to be treated at Pain Management Associates of Delaware, faxed or delivered to our office for review by one of our providers before an appointment can be scheduled.
|Chronic Pain Treatment
Over 22% of American adults suffer from severe chronic discomfort, to the point that they choose to seek the help of a pain doctor. Physical injury is the second most common reason that people visit doctors, exceeded only by cold and upper respiratory infections and the flu. However, The National Institute of Health claims that 39 million Americans are unable to find relief from their pain and injuries.
Our experience with treating chronic pain syndromes is far greater than that of regular physicians. We are very dedicated to providing all of our patients with the most effective pain management and pain relief.
We specialize in medical management of chronic pain through the use of pain medication. The degree of discomfort varies from person to person, so your treatment plan will be tailored to your specific needs and circumstances. Pain medication treatment may include a single approach or a combination of medications use to treat pain such as:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Narcotic Pain Medication
- Muscle Relaxers
- Other medications
Your pain physician at Pain Management Associates of Delaware may prescribe other types of medications that are more specific for the type of pain you are experiencing.
- Comprehensive history and physical examination by a pain management staff physician
- Evaluation of past medical history and records
- Development of individualized pain management plan
- Thorough explanation of the appropriate use of pain medications
- Assessment guidelines for continuum of care
- Set personal goals
- Alternative therapies for pain management such as exercise, self-meditation, yoga
- Office visit: 20-45 minutes
- Additional screening and diagnostic testing referrals (MRI, etc.)
- Referrals to non-pharmacological treatment facilities (physical therapy, surgery, psychiatry, etc.)
- Referral to invasive pain management
Continuum of Care/Follow up visits
- Physician visit including evaluation of individualized management plan
- Review of personal goals and quality of life enhancements, including work activities/requirements and social interactions/relationships
- Evaluation of any new testing or reports
- Continuation of pharmacological protocol
- Office visit required every 28 days
- Referrals for additional testing or evaluation
- Adjustment of pain management medication protocol